When it comes to helpdesk software, you certainly have lots of products to choose from. Your ultimate choice will depend on the needs of your team and the helpdesk support services you provide. In order to make your decision a little bit easier, we reviewed some of the most popular help desk software tools on the market. However, before we get into the reviews, let’s get an overview of what helpdesk softwares are.
Table of contents:
What are Help Desk Softwares?
Helpdesk software is a one-stop point of contact where customers or internal staff can send their questions or problems. The software allows businesses to resolve customer queries and concerns by managing tickets from receipt all the way to resolution. It also provides agents with a wide array of support and tools that promote collaboration to respond to queries properly and immediately. Now that we know what IT help desk software does, let’s get into the reviews.
The 8 Best Help Desk Services
About: Helpdesk has many features to make your work easier. There are multiple email templates so you can improve the look and feel of your messages in the replying process.You can also create custom fields to detail your tickets with additional requester information that’s helpful for your work.
- Easy customization
- Makes it easy to support different communication channels
- Great support team
- There is a high learning curve
- Takes some time to set up the ticket filtering process
- Issues with mobiles access
You may also like: TOP 7 Customer Experience Trends of 2023
About: You may know Zendesk as the first (and the biggest) customer service software. It’s usually evaluated against Freshdesk and other support systems. It allows you to convert phone, chat, email, and social media requests into tickets. You can also Centralize tickets from disconnected channels into one place.
- Easy to use
- Custom views
- Community Theme Selection and Global UI Changes
- It’s a bit pricey
- Lack of flexibility in structural changes
- Issues with integration
About: Zoho gives you the ability to manage your customer support activities efficiently. In addition to the key functionalities to manage tickets, they offer multiple channels for support and service, provide easy branding and customization and essential automations like SLA and workflows and many other features.
- Easy to connecting with customers via multiple touch points
- Automates essential and repeated tasks
- Create Standard and Customized Reports
- Zoho Helpdesk is not as polished as its CRM
- The AI assistant doesn’t seem to add a lot of value.
- Documentation and help videos are confusing and too technical at times.
4. Help Scout
About: Help Scout has a cool shared inbox which is a good alternative to a distribution list, group Gmail or Outlook mailbox. It allows your team to work together easily and deliver exceptional email support. They offer a live chat embeddable widget, called Beacon, to give customers recommended content based on the page they’re viewing.
- Great interface for tracking emails & replies
- Tagging system is fantastic
- Useful workflows to automate everything
- The system can be slow at times
- A lot of network errors pop up
- Needs more in-depth metrics and statistics
About: Gorgias is an all-in-one customer service, customer support, and live chat helpdesk for Shopify, Magento, or BigCommerce stores, which offers tools including email integration, autoresponders, ticket management, customer history tracking, request assignment, and more to aid with customer service.
- Great tagging system to help you stay organized
- Easy integrations with other tools
- Out-of-box automation capabilities
- Suitable for medium-sized eCommerce store owners.
- You need to pay an additional amount if you override the monthly ticket limit.
- Revenue statistics are available only on advanced plans.
About: Intercom offers a fully customizable design, you can align all your brand and business needs, while engaging customers in-context and driving action across their journey in the Intercom Messenger. Their ticketing system allows you to go beyond simple live chat and handle complex customer requests asynchronously with tickets built for cross-functional collaboration.
- It’s easy to track communication with customers
- Information can be shared with team members quickly
- Easy to use interface
- Lack of personalization
- Difficulties with exporting conversations
- Slow response times from support
About: Hiver helps teams deliver fast and empathetic customer service, right from the tool they are already familiar with – Gmail. This means they can assign, track, and collaborate on customer emails, as well as run the most advanced analytics and automation from the Gmail interface, without sacrificing any time on learning new software or switching tabs.
- Shared inbox adds a lot of value
- Easy to setup and manage
- Communicate internally and alert specific team members about specific inquiries.
- The price of plans tends to fluctuate
- Automation capabilities need improvement
- Convoluted setup process
About: SysAid uses service automation to make IT work smarter, not harder. With a help desk that practically manages itself, millions of users around the world enjoy faster service, lighter workloads, and a smoother service experience. It makes every aspect of ITSM so breezy, and frees up IT from the grind to do the things your business really needs to keep going strong.
- Fast and easy email integration
- Customizable ticket management process
- Knowledge base links directly to tickets, so repeat issues are easy to solve.
- The user interface needs improvement
- There is a hefty upsell fee if you want to change plans
- Finding the data you need for reporting can be difficult
Pexly Has Experience With a Wide Spectrum of Help Desk Tools
In general, customer support outsourcing companies provide service to customers from various industries. During the course of their work, they use a wide variety of solutions and therefore have experience with pretty much any tool out there. Pexly works with the above tools and can help you optimize existing processes, or choose the best one according to the needs and requirements of the client.
Trust Pexly With All of Your Customer Support Needs
The demand for exceptional customer experiences is growing as new technologies emerge. It’s no longer enough to just have a great piece of software. Your business must be personalized and data-driven if you want it to be successful. You must constantly adapt to the changing business environment in order to meet customers’ needs.