B2B Customer Service: What It Is and How To Do It Well
Outstanding customer service in B2B is becoming more and more important every year. Not only can increasing the quality of your customer support help you increase conversion rates, but it can help you stand out in a crowded marketplace. In this article, we will take a look at what customer service B2B is and how to do it well.
Table of contents:
What is B2B Customer Service?
B2B customer service is all about making sure that your clients are receiving the best possible experience when they are experiencing some issues with your product or service. This also applies to potential customers who are considering buying your product but are still collecting information. It is important that the B2B customer experience be seamless, regardless of the channel the client contacts you or the issue they need to be resolved. How well you treat them during these customer service interactions will be an important factor when determining whether to continue doing business with your company or not.
B2B vs B2C Customer Service
The customer experience B2B will significantly differ from B2C, which is to be expected since they are targeting different types of customers. When we look at what is B2B customer, we see that it is a company that buys products and services in large volumes. Hence, the interaction with a b2b customer has a significant impact on the revenues of the company. When you interact with a B2C consumer, you are gratifying a single end-user at a time, and you may be able to sell your product/service to that consumer.
In the case of B2C companies, a single end-user or customer contacts your support team. So, you have to address an issue related to a single product/service purchased by a single customer. On the other hand, complaints from B2B businesses involve many clients. So, either a single person representing the entire clientele will contact your support team, or multiple customers from the same company may contact you regarding the same issue.
You may also like: B2B Customer Satisfaction
How Certain Industries Use B2B Customer Service Effectively
One of the industries that are using B2B customer support effectively is the technology sector. They often deal with companies that buy lots of products and services, all of which are usually complex in nature. Clients usually need assistance with using these products, and your team needs to be readily available to help. Companies in this industry are using customer service to help them make upsells and gather information about their clients and their future needs.
Another sector that uses effective business-to-business customer service is the financial industry. Companies will often have questions about their accounts in banks and their finances in general. Offering excellent customer service can help companies in the finance industry stand out from the competition. Think about what your B2B customer base is and how it can help you reach your business goals.
B2B Customer Service Best Practices
Now that we know what is a B2B customer we can move on to some best practices to follow when providing customer service:
- Focus on getting the right answer rather than a fast one. Having the right answer right away can help you increase your first call resolution rate (FCR), which is one of the most important metrics to monitor when looking to improve your customer service.
- Assign a dedicated support manager for each customer if possible. Your clients are paying you a lot of money for your products and services, and providing them with a dedicated support manager can go a long way towards showing them just how much you care about them.
- Listen to and implement customer feedback. When your customers are providing you with feedback about things you can improve, it’s important to implement that feedback as soon as you can since it can help you retain those clients and future ones as well.
- Be proactive with clients’ issues. Don’t wait until a client contacts you about a particular issue they are having. Try contacting them once in a while to find out how well they are enjoying your products or services and what can be improved.
- Invest in the best Support Team. Having the right people in place can greatly impact the quality of your support. If you cannot implement a quality support team because of the costs, consider setting up an offshore team to keep costs under control.
We looked at what customer base is B2B, but how do you maintain the satisfaction level of your customers at a high level? This is where quality B2B customer service comes in. With its help, you can overcome some of your shortcomings, such as a shortage of human resources, lack of management experience, and other problems you may be experiencing. Pexly has many years of experience actualizing B2B customer support projects, which is why you should trust us to handle your customer support for you.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you.