According to a HubSpot study, about 58% of consumers will switch companies after just one bad customer service experience. Therefore, you need to constantly work on your customer service to achieve perfection. Today we will share with you some of the ways that you can provide not only good customer service but great customer service. Before we start looking at what is great customer service, let’s get a definition of what is good customer service.
What is Good Customer Service?
Good customer service involves carefully listening to your customers, making them feel welcome, and helping them remove doubts about various products and your business. You will need to understand their needs and provide personalized assistance to them. Having said this, you certainly don’t want to settle for just good. This is why in the next section, we will tell you about how to achieve service excellence.
7 Ways to Deliver Exceptional Customer Service
Let’s start our journey on how to get better service by taking a look at the following tips:
- Know Your Product – Agents spend a lot of time helping clients resolve various issues they might have, and to do so effectively, they need to be experts in the particular product they are working with.
- Creative Problem-Solving – Over 80% of customers have churned because they experienced bad customer service. Therefore you need to think out of the box and provide interesting solutions to achieve good-to-go customer service and make it a central part of your support role — and there will always be problems to solve.
- Respond Quickly – 66% of people believe that valuing their time is the most important thing in any online customer experience. What this means is that not only should you respond as quickly as possible to the inquiry, but you need to resolve it as quickly as possible.
- Personalize your service – 40% of customers say they want better human service. You need to take the time to listen to what your customers are experiencing and place yourself in their shoes. The last you want to do is provide a one-size-fits-all approach. This is definitely not professional customer service.
- Help Customers Help Themselves – There will be times when customers would rather resolve issues by themselves. Offering customers such self-help options is a hallmark of quality in customer service.
- Focus Support on the Customer – Your business depends on your customers, and you certainly want to turn one-time customers into brand ambassadors. How do you do that? Focus on the the customer and be sure that every solution you offer has more to benefit them than your company. It’s worth it, and it will help you achieve professionalism in customer service.
- Be Proactively Helpful – Often, the quality of customer service involves going the extra mile is one of the most important things you can do to deliver great customer service. Be sure to go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure you have met the needs of the customer.
Now that we know what is excellent customer service and how you can achieve it let’s take a look at how it can help your business.
Growing Your Business By Providing Great Customer Service
The above great customer service examples will help you produce great customer service. Great customer service keeps customers coming back again and again, which earns you a reputation for being helpful and a pleasure to work with. Customers want to be treated like people, not a numbers in a ticket queue. Humanize them, and humanize yourself for customer service-driven growth.
Trust Pexly With All of Your Customer Service Needs
In this article, we looked at what is excellent customer service and how to achieve it. If you are looking for assistance in raising the quality of your customer support or helping you manage the large volume of customer inquiries, Pexly can assemble a team to meet your needs. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you.