What is Omnichannel Customer Service & Why It is Better to Outsource It
When your customers access your website or otherwise interact with your brand, they are doing so across a number of different channels. Depending on where they are and what they are doing, they will choose a particular channel to contact you. And if you do not provide service via that channel, you are showing your business in a bad light. In addition to this, all your channels need to be connected to a single omnichannel platform to provide customers with seamless service. Nowadays, clients are expecting omnichannel customer service support. In this article, we will talk about what Omnichannel Customer Support and why you should outsource it.
Table of contents:
What is Omnichannel Support?
Omnichannel customer service aims to provide a seamless customer experience across multiple channels by integrating them within a single system. This gives customer service agents a comprehensive view of a customer’s interactions, enabling them to answer queries more effectively and efficiently. In other words, if a customer sends an email on Monday, they expect the phone call on Tuesday to pick up exactly where they left off. Context is preserved across all channels to create a harmonious experience.
You may also like: How Much Does It Cost to Outsource Customer Support?
Because of today’s digital era, customer expectations for a cross-platform experience are higher than ever before. So, a brand without tactics for omnichannel customer engagement will likely lose opportunities. In addition, failing to build out omnichannel customer service decreases customer satisfaction, possibly leading to more churn and weaker customer loyalty. Here are five reasons why omnichannel service is so important:
5 Reasons Why Omnichannel Customer Service is Important for Your Business
- Improved customer experiences – By offering omnichannel services, you are giving your customers a wide range of options to connect with you, which improves customer satisfaction. They can later contact you via another channel, and one agent will be able to pick up where the other left off, which improves the customer experience.
- Increased sales – Omnichannel customer services lead to more sales since your teams will have access to all interactions with the customer and will be in a better position to offer them tailored products and services. Since the customer also enjoys better experiences, they will be more willing to buy.
- Better personalization – Omnichannel communication for customer service allows your agents to get a 360-degree view of your customers, thus allowing them to tailor their service offerings for each customer.
- More opportunities for lead generation and conversions – Omnichannel customer support increases the number of conversations you have with customers, which also allows for more upsell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Increase retention – Since omnichannel for customer service improves customer rates, you will have the ability to turn one-time customers into loyal brand ambassadors. Customer referrals are very important in sales, especially in B2B.
Challenges in Building Omnichannel Customer Service
Omnichannel service can provide your business with a lot of benefits, but there are some challenges to its implementation. These include:
- Targeting The wrong channels – For your omni channel customer service to be effective, you need to know which channels your customers prefer and make sure to offer support in those channels.
- Unorganised customer service panel – When your agents log into the omni-channel customer support platform, they need to quickly and easily see information for a particular customer and the needed data and statistics.
- Missing opportunities – While you are setting up the omnichannel process, you may be missing some opportunities to connect with customers. However, as time goes on, you should be able to identify sales opportunities if the process is implemented correctly.
Why is It Better to Outsource Omnichannel Communication for Customer Service?
There are many benefits to outsourcing your omnichannel communication.
- First of all, since the cost of labor is less overseas, you will be able to get the same qualified agents for a fraction of the price.
- In addition to this, you will be able to save on overhead costs such as office rental and equipment procurement.
- In general, there will be a lot less hassle with outsourcing since the entire process will be done for you.
In-house vs. Outsourcing Omnichannel Customer Service
When implementing omnichannel support, you have a choice whether to do it yourself, i.e. in-house, or higher, an outsource company to do all of the work for you. Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of in-house vs. outsourced omnichannel support:
Trust Pexly to Improve Your Omnichannel Customer Support
We look extensively at what is omnichannel customer service and omni channel customer solutions, but if you are looking to improve the level of your service or set up a whole new offshore team, you can trust Pexly to provide all of the services you need. We have extensive experience actualizing omnichannel support projects of various sizes and complexities, and we are confident that we can find a solution that will meet your exact needs.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you.
At this point, most companies have already heard about omnichannel customer service, but they are still curious about how omnichannel customer service can benefit them. Our latest article takes a closer look at what omnichannel customer service is, how it can benefit your business and why you should outsource it for best results.